The Logistic of the Year 2018 awards were presented this morning, a prestigious prize that Assologistica awards every year to entrepreneurs and companies in the forefront of innovation in the transport sector.
ZED&L-ZERO EMISSIONS DISTRIBUTION & LOGISTICS has been awarded at the 14th edition of the 'Logistics of the Year 2018' Award by Assologistica.
ZED&L implements a new logistics-distribution model for urban freight transport aimed at achieving the triple objective of canceling emissions of pollutants into the atmosphere (CO2, NOX, PMX), drastically reducing noise emissions, reducing the costs of physical distribution and logistics of goods.
ZED&L distributes 80-200 shipments a day in the LTZ (Limited Traffic Zone) areas of Rome, from a warehouse, which will act as a proximity hub, located 12 km from the historic center of Rome (Tiburtina's area - Large Ring Road), through the use of 3-7 electric vehicles, with payload capacity for vehicles - payload - 2.2 t, a full load range of 110-140 km and able to overcome gradients up to 21%.
Eeach electric vehicle can deliver in the LTZ even twice per day. The electric vehicles are equipped with Obu (on board unit) that constantly dialogue with the operations center and recharged through an innovative Multiport system that manages the energy by tapping and optimizing it alternately from the solar panels (photovoltaic shelter) or from the batteries on the ground (second lyfe ) or from the manager (energy mix).
These are the five main objectives that the ZED&L has achieved:
- Validate the model as the best environmentally sustainable logistics solution for Physical and Logistic Distribution in the LTZ (CO2 = 0), through the comparative analysis between the traditional environmental energy model and the one introduced by ZED & L, based on the main indicators selected during the course of the research and test phase. The project proposal concerns in particular the development of an integrated "smart energy & logistics" platform for managing the distribution of goods with a real zero impact, according to the "from well to wheel" approach. The platform will consist of:
a. full-electric means of transport;
b. intelligent charging infrastructure (distributed electricity generation system from renewable sources - photovoltaic systems, stationary storage systems for electricity, conversion system, management and control of electricity);
c. smart-metering system (on-board sensors for assessing the real energy consumption of the vehicle fleet);
d. control and management software for the definition of the optimized route of goods, vehicles and loads, also as a function of: planned goods delivery plan; real availability of electricity on the vehicle and in the charging stations, real autonomy of the vehicles depending on the type of routes (distance to be covered, elevation profiles, traffic trends, atmospheric conditions);
e. control and monitoring dashboard for the governance of the operating model.
- Making the model replicable / reproducible at national and international level in the distribution logistics sector, to increase efficiency and effectiveness in the management of distribution circuits of goods;
- To promote and foster the creation and development of both public and private green logistics companies at national and international level, contributing to the creation of spinoffs and new jobs;
- To develop a platform for the governance of the energy and logistics system (smart dashboard), as an operational tool for planning and optimizing logistics, for managing the fleet of electric vehicles, and for the fixed systems for generating and recharging batteries;
- To achieve management costs aligned with the "traditional logistics model".
To know more: