If your vehicle distribution fleet, sales or service team or any other type activity, is based on regular calendars (eg. weekly or monthly), which requires the visits to customers or to served points or zones, OPT Calendar permits you to organize such calendars automatically and reduce the costs.
OPT Calendar is a vertical optimization algorithm, that permits users to define when, in terms of day and time-windows, a certain customers /points or zones must be visited. The goal is the reduction of the transportation and personnel costs and, at the same time, the respect of the operational constraints, such as the compatibility of a certain visit in a certain day (for example a customer cannot receive goods on Monday morning).
Moreover OPT Calendar takes also into account the constraints and the needs of the distribution center and the resources (fleet, agents, etc). For example permitting a user to balance the asset workload.
The users can compare scenarios evaluating the impacts of different alternatives. Delivery calendars can be updated, for example when the seasonality affect the operations, or when new customers have to be served.
- Any Retailer from food/beverage to fashion
- Logistics Operators
- Oil & Gas
- Public Services (e.g. waste collection, school or public buses route, etc)
- Any type of service organization, having the need to schedule activities on a territory with a mobile workforce (sales, delivery or telecom support, e.g.)
With OPT Calendar our customers has positively impacted on the costs service level. The ROI of OPT Calendar is often between 3-4 months.
Optionally OPT Calendar permits, by a simulation, a user to evaluate the performance of a certain calendar strategy. This is done thanks to connection with our routing optimizer (OPT Runner).
- Wide set of parameters permitting to create and compare different strategy
- Multi-Objective function including cost reduction and resources balancing
- Scenario comparison
- Management of operational constraints:
- time-windows to be respected
- max number of resources
- compatibility day-visited points
- min frequency of visit per points
- KPI: costs, efficiency and saturation calculations
- Geo & Map functions
CONNECTION WITH OTHER ACTOR PRODUCTS
OPT Calendar can be combined with:
- OPT Runner a routing and fleet and mobility workforce scheduler
- OPT Net a logistics network simulation and optimization
The product has been designed to maximize the computational performances thus reducing computer hardware costs when the complexity and the large quantities of data.
It can be used as SaaS (Software as a Service) or hosted and installed on the customer hardware and easily integrated with most company applications (ERP, WMS, etc.). It includes a web-base and mobile user interface.
With partners in Europe, USA ACTOR offers a dedicated service at the worldwide level.
If you are a Consultant firm or a software integrator, you can submit for becoming a qualified ACTOR’s distributors. Partnerships includes the possibility to resell ACTOR products or embed the DPO in your solutions.