To satisfy a certain workload or demand, staffing the right number of resources (operators, assistants, etc.), is crucial both for the service levels and to contain operative costs.
ACTOR’s predictive Workforce Planning (WFP) is a robust software product, based on “smart math-algorithms” that plan resources and activities.
Based on an accurate demand forecast, ACTOR’s WFP answers the following daily questions of managers:
- What is the right number of people to be allocated to certain activity in a shift?
- What will be, given a certain staffing, the service level (eg. waiting time, working time, etc.) and the saturation of the resources?
- Can we will deliver on time?
What often makes it difficult to optimize resources in the real world, are perturbations, that might affect the possible outcomes. For example the demand volatility might results in an oversaturation of the resources, under-skilled new resources, is another example.
In such situations it becomes important to have a probabilistic view of the processes and their performances, for example to know that we have 30% of probability of an over-saturation, 15% of probability to generate a delay, etc.
ACTOR’s workforce planning is a simulation-based optimization system able to provide such probabilistic vision of the process and create robust plans.
The tool is highly configurable, fitting needs of several industries like for example
- Retailers that manage resources at stores and distribution centers
- Logistics operators
- Airports teams (security, PRM (??), ramp personnel etc)
- Hoteliers and Restaurants
- Maintenance teams, assistances and services providers
- Minimize operations costs;
- Improve service level;
- Anticipate critical situations;
- Detailed resources saturation KPI and trends
- Detailed service level and time KPIs
- Frequent update of the forecast and plan
- accurate forecast of the workload
- automatic creation of optimal resource plan
- manual creation and comparison scenarios;
- management of skills, teams, single resources
- easy modeling of processes
- consider mobile resources (eg. transporters, etc.)
- detailed KPI and trends (saturation of resources, delay, service level, waiting time, cycle time)
- collaboration features
Connection with others ACT OR products
The Workforce Planning is connected with the ACTOR predictive platform Before!. Or in the case of crews moving on streets the tool includes feature of OPT Runner (a routing optimizer).
Technology remarks -
This product has been designed to maximize the computational performances reducing hardware costs. It fits the business complexity of large corporations but can also be scaled down to mid-size company. It’s designed to manage big quantities of data can be installed on promise or in the “Cloud” (as SaaS format) and easily integrated with ERP and CRM. It includes a web-base and mobile user interface.
With partners in Europe, USA ACTOR offers a dedicated service at the worldwide level.
If you are a consultant firm or a software integrator, you can submit for becoming a qualified ACT OR’ distributors. Partnerships includes the possibility to resell ACT OR products or embed DPO (????? DPO) in your solutions.