OPT Vessel is a powerful math-optimization software tool designed to plan and schedule a fleet of ships voyages maximizing the profit of the shipping plan by controlling the risk with an integrated simulation engine.
It is a decision support system to support the activities of shipping and transport departments.
It permits users to plan and schedule the activities of a fleet for weeks or months considering all the operational constraints and minimizing the overall costs.
The decision makers can interact with the optimizers, forcing certain decisions, like for example assign a vessel to a certain route. The users can also change the plan under the supervision of the system, that even verifies if constraints have been violated.
The fleet can includes owned ships, long-term-rented ships as well as spot contracted ships selected by the optimizers from the marketplace.
The optimization of the profit includes a detailed cost and revenue calculation, considering ship’s resource consumptions, wharfage fee, freight charge, demurrage, etc.,
The configurable set of constraints considers several aspects, from ports time windows, to compatibility of the ship with the berths, etc.
The planning can start using a real-time position of the vessel if available.
It has been proven by our customers that OPT Vessel provides a great support for the Shipping Departments planners as by creating an hidden large economical savings due to the optimization of the schedule.
Shipping Companies, Oil & Gas, Energy companies, Cargo Services
Features and Benefits
- maximize overall profits
- routes/vessels compatibility
- cargo/vessels combinations
- laycan spread and other time windows (e.g. ports, vessels calendar, …)
- ports/vessels compatibilities: e.g., cargo intake and DWT - dead weight tonnage, carrying capacity,
- ports and berth constraints
- time granularity in hour & minutes
- exchange rate
- time zone & summer time
- vessel reuse in the same plan
- different cargos / products
- shipments rescheduling while voyages are way down
- soft constraints management (e.g., dropping/infringing constraints in particular circumstances i.e., profit margins lifting opportunities)
- accept manually pre-calculated voyages
- step-by-step manual-optimization (e.g. users can interact with the application while driving the optimization process).
OPT Vessel has been designed to maximize the computational performance, thus reducing customer hardware costs requirements.
OPT Vessel can be used as Software as a Service application (SaaS) or hosted installed on the customer’s hardware. It can be easily integrated with company applications.
If you are a software vendor you can also embed OPT Vessel in your solutions to become an ACTOR business partner.
With partners in Europe, USA and South America, ACTOR offers a dedicated service at the worldwide level.