OPT Loading is a math-optimizer to define how to load 3D Loading Units/bin (eg. a truck, a container, a box, a pallet) with objects with different sizes and shapes and dimensions (boxes, pallets, etc.).
It includes different optimizational functions.
The main different optimization goals are:
- to minimize the wasted volume on the load units minimizing the number of generated load units (eg. pallet etc.).
- to maximize the quality (in terms for example of stability) of the generating loading units
- to minimize the total travelled distance to fill the loading units (in case of picking activities)
The tool can also be used as simulator to estimate the volume that orders will require to be shipped. OPT Loading permits a design that respects all the constraints, compatibility of products, loading directions, weight and stackability constraints, etc.
In case the volume to ship is higher than the volume of a single loading unit capacity, OPT Loading works optimizing multiple loading units.
OPT Loading can be used to empower existing ERP, WMS or used as stand-alone application.
Retailers, CPG, Food Beverage, Electronics, Logistics Operators, shipping operators, Distributors, Manufacturers
- Maximize the saturation of loading units (pallets, trucks, containers, boxes etc.)
- Maximize picking productivity/minimize travelled distance
- Reduce the number of shipped Loading Units
- Improve service level respecting merchandize & customer constraints
- Maximization load units (pallet, trucks, etc.) quality and stability (reduction of empty spaces, increase of stability, verticality, flatness)
- Minimization the number of items split over multiple unit loads
During the optimization process OPT Loading considers:
- shapes, weight and dimensions of items considered
- any constraints on products placement in the load units
- maximal weight and dimensions of load units, possible tolerances and exceptions
- the rotation of products around the axes (x, y, z)
- the maximum number of Load Units on which a single item can be placed
- the overlapping compatibility between different products
- the products location into the picking area
- the loading priorities deriving from the process (sequences, value, costs, rules…)
Connection with others ACTOR products
OPT Loading can be combined with ACTOR’s:
This product has been designed to maximize the computational performance, thu reducing computer hardware costs. It fits the need of complex distribution centers, but can also be scaled down to mid-size warehouses.
OPT Loading can easily be integrated with ERP and WMS or can be used combined to a dynamic simulator.
With partners in Europe, USA ACTOR offers a dedicated service at the worldwide level.
If you are a consultant firm or a software integrator, you can submit for becoming a qualified ACTOR’s distributors. Partnerships includes the possibility to resell ACTOR products or embed DPO in your solutions.