Net Solver is a math-optimization software tool that dispatches tasks or jobs to a set of moving-resources like operators, forklifts, automatic guided vehicles, etc. This is a typical need within warehouses, factories, yards, airports where dynamically jobs have to be assigned to units of a fleet or team of laborers.
The goal of Net Solver is to dispatch the lists of tasks (jobs), balancing and minimizing the resources saturation, cutting traveling time and respecting priorities of such tasks.
In some cases the goal is to minimize the number of resources used, in others to limit congestion, for the example in the aisles of a warehouse, while in others the main focus is the service level, like the case of services inside an airport. The optimization function of Net Solver can be used to fit all the mentioned needs fitting the characteristics of the specific process.
Net Solver can be used in a real-time mode coupled with WMS or control systems and existing IT applications, or off-line within a dynamic simulator for dimensioning and engineering design purposes.
Examples of applications are:
- Manage a fleet of AGVs
- Dynamically schedule the activities of a team of operators moving pallets (put away, replenishment, etc.) within a distribution centers
- Dynamically dispatch jobs related to services in an airport.
Distribution Centers of retailers and logistics operators (grocery, fresh-food, electronics e-commerce or brick/mortar), manufacturers to manage inside plant logistics, port container handling, logistics activity in a construction site, airports to schedule the tasks related to the different type of services.
- Maximize productivity
- Reduce number of carts, AGVs or operators
- Maximization of transporters utilization
- Minimization the deliver time related to list of jobs
- Improve service level
- Real-time and dynamic dispatch schedule: the system continuously updates the schedule based on new tasks, the on- site progress activities, occurrence of blocks and delays, changes of missions state, traffic
- Network modeling: the network/layout can be modeled fitting any operative constraints like one-ways, precedencies, the requirement of auxiliary resource (eg. take a lift or to stop at a certain station)
- Traffic logic and bottlenecks avoidance: allows to consider, during the optimization process the traffic in order to avoid congestions
- Failures and battery charge logic: allows to consider, during the dispatch scheduling, the state of failures or battery charges of the transporters
- Transporter highlights: real time situation of the transporters
- Traffic highlights: real time situation of the traffic.
Net Solver offers clients the ability to:
- dynamically schedule the list of tasks to be assigned to a fleet of operators/forklifts/automatic guided vehicles etc.
- manage different priorities of the tasks
- avoid traffic congestion inside the facility
- easily integrate NetSolver with existing WMS, control systems and other IT applications
- automatically re-schedule in case of failures or blocks of an element of the fleet (AGV, forklift, etc.)
- consider during the optimization process the battery-charge level
CONNECTION WITH OTHER ACTOR PRODUCTS
Net Solver can be combined with ACTOR’s:
- OPT Picking to picking activities
- OPT Loading to optimization loading of pallets/trucks/containers
- Speedy Batch to optimize batches/batch picking/sorting
It fits the business complexity of big distribution centers and factories but can also be used in smaller facilities with few forklifts/operators/AGVs to be managed.
With partners in Europe, USA ACTOR offers a dedicated service at the worldwide level
If you are a consultant firm or a software integrator, you can submit for becoming a qualified ACTOR distributors.
Partnerships includes the possibility to resell ACTOR products or embed DPO in your solutions.