Magellano is a Decision Support System for Cruise Itinerary Planning (CIP) activities, based on advanced techniques of Operations Research. It allows the Itinerary planning of cruises, including route optimization, calculation of costs, market attractiveness and estimation of revenues.
Cruise planning is an extremely complex problem, due to the presence of several operative constraints, e.g. ship dimension, fuel cost and consumption, ports distances, speed, embark/debark time windows, weather.
Magellano is a flexible tool to support Itinerary planners by:
- Making the itinerary design process automatic and optimized: it calculates an optimized base plan for all the cruises, for all the ships, for one year at a time.
- Maximizing revenue and market attractiveness and/or minimizing the costs while respecting all the logistic and technical constraints.
- Performing simulations, “what-if” analysis and scenarios comparisons.
- Supporting the Itinerary Manager to modify the plan or re-design the single cruise route (with .xls integration).
- Viewing the cruise in geographical maps based environment.
- Integrating with the enterprise ERP or standing-alone usage with Xls import/export.
Magellano can be used as a budgeting and reporting system since it includes a set of synthetic KPIs to compare different plans. Past itineraries can be imported into the system and can be compared in terms of cost, revenue, profitability and attractiveness index. Magellano can be used to plan a single ship at a time or multiple ships on the same zone. Itineraries can be closed-loops or open routes.
Magellano is a collaborative tool, permitting the Itinerary Planners, the Revenue Mangers, the Marketing and the Operations department to work on objective data, sharing core-information in a “what-if” environment.
Even the more expert cruise planner users have acknowledged that Magellano is able to consider a huge number of input design and, due to its flexibility, it is an innovative and powerful optimization engine.
- Maximization of the cruises revenue and attractiveness
- Minimization of costs
- Fast and precise tool for budgeting
- Fast evaluation of new alternatives in case an itinerary has to be change.
- Circular-Cruises & Open Cruises Planning
- Multi-Objective functions (Min Cost, Max Revenue, etc)
- Any type of operative constraints considered (ship dimension, port constraints, time-windows, type of fuel)
- Detailed calculation of costs
- Sophisticated estimation of the Revenue
- Evaluation of user-defined scenarios: the system can be used to evaluate the performances of a user-defined cruise
- Scenarios comparisons
- Management of detailed master records (on ports, ship, customers)
- Easy data integration with other IT systems.
CONNECTION WITH OTHERS ACTOR PRODUCTS
Can be combined with ACTOR’s:
- Before! Predictive Analytics to predict the demand
- DPO (Dynamic Price Optimization) to optimization capacity & revenue
Magellano is built on scalable technologies, can be use in public-CLOUD or installed on private data centers.
With partners in Europe, USA, ACTOR offers a dedicated service at the worldwide level. If you are a consultant firm or a software integrator specialized on the cruise market, you can submit an application for becoming a qualified ACTOR distributor.