5-8 March 2018
EXPO: 6-8 March 2018
Fort Lauderdale/Broward Country Convention Center
Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
ACTOR is sponsor and exhibitor (BOOTH#1042) of SEATRADE CRUISE GLOBAL 2018.
Our over 20 years of operations research in predictive analytics, supply chain and logistics projects in transportation and maritime applications are applied to offer optimized itinerary planning and revenue management technology to help clients cut costs and improve profits based on advanced analytics. Magellano is the ACTOR's Cruise Itinerary Planning module (CIP), is an optimization tool that creates tour itineraries.
It defines which ports to visit, the sequencing, the timing and the ship velocity. It considers all the operative constraints, such as for example the need to arrive in a certain port within a certain time, window... or the compatibility of the ship with the port. It considers the fact that a ship might need different types of fuel due to regulation in the different ocean areas. A user can create scenarios and compare them in terms of economical and performances KPIs. In a scenario the users can force, for example the visit of a certain ports, etc.
The optimization process considers not only the costs but permit users to consider the "attractiveness concept" that is an evaluation of the cruise for the customers. Attractiveness is calculated by several attributes – based upon customer feedback surveys.
- The tool provides a detailed estimation of costs that supports the budget analysis
- The tool permits users to base the estimated revenue on historical data.
- The itinerary planning function can also be interfaced to current IT application for data import/export.
Magellano - Revenue Management module (RM)
Another module of the suite, it focuses on capacity and revenue optimization. It considers all the operative constraints, such as;
- the need to arrive in a certain port with-in a certain time
- the compatibility of the ship with the port
- it considers the fact that a ship might use different type of fuel due to regulation in the different ocean areas
- the user can create scenarios and compare them in terms of economical and performances KPIs
- users can force, for example, the visit of a certain ports etc.
Please see ACTOR on the SEATRADE CRUISE GLOBAL website: