OPT Picking software is a math algorithm that creates optimal picking lists from a list of orders. The goal is to maximize the picking productivity and minimizing the number of generated Unit Loads (eg. pallets). Picking can occur by operators or automated machinery devices. OPT Picking can be used both in application of case-picking as well as “eaches-picking.”
Picking lists can be created based on volume, number of packages, height and weight, minimizing the waste volume. The main goal of the optimization is the minimization of picking time while respecting the picking sequence and considering merchandise and zones constraints.
OPT Picking can be used to empower existing WMS or combined to a simulation model for designing and process re-engineering purposes.
OPT Picking is a robust, solution that also to manage the increasing direct-to-customer flows.
Retailers, Logistics Operators, Manufacturers, 3PLs, Warehouse Owners
- Maximize picking productivity
- Reduce the number of shipped Unit Loads
- Improve service level respecting merchandize & customer constraints.
- Single order picking and multi-order picking
- Possibility to customize the filling-rules by category and type of unit loads / customer
- Cut-off constraints: the picking lists can be “cut” by number of boxes, volume, weight, height (can be chosen on or more of the previous constraints at the same time)
- Picking list consolidation: allows the consolidation of different picking lists, for example related to the same customer
- Consolidation threshold can be defined by number of boxes, volume, weight, height
CONNECTION WITH OTHER ACTOR PRODUCTS
OPT Picking can be combined with ACTOR’s:
This product has been designed to maximize the computational performances reducing hardware costs. It fits the need of complex distribution centers, but can also be scaled down to mid-size warehouses.
OPT Picking can easily be integrated with ERP and WMS, WES or can be used combined to a dynamic simulator.
With partners in Europe, USA ACTOR offers a dedicated service at the worldwide level.
If you are a consultant firm or a software integrator, you can submit for becoming a qualified ACTOR’ distributors.
Partnerships includes the possibility to resell ACTOR products or embed DPO in your solutions.