A RELIABLE PARTNER FOR CONTROL AND AUTOMATION PROJECTS
ACT Operations Research is a reliable partner for Control and Automation Projects since 1996.
Our Process&Control division is qualified in the design of plant control, automation and protection, in simulation and dynamic control of industrial processes in different fields like ENERGY, PETROCHEMICAL and OIL&GAS.
We are constantly up-to-date with industrial technologies’ state of the art, as well as international standards and normatives evolution.
ACT Operations Research is competence, flexibility and reliability, operating in maximum synergy with our Customer up to defined targets achievement, by designing and proposing high quality services.
ACT Operations Research has reached a significant experience in managing Control Systems’ contracts and supplies. Across the years ACT Operations Research managed various types of contracts and supplies even beyond 15 M euros value, targeting final use in several parts of world including South America, Middle-East and South-East Asia. ACT Operations Research supports Customers in:
- Definition of the technical requirements and finalization of the supply specification for the various control, protection and automation systems
- Evaluation and technical/economical alignment of the proposals
- Vendor follow-up
- Testing (FAT)
- Start-up (SAT and commissioning)
A professional and careful handling of bids and contracts allow our Customer to significantly limit the extra costs due to scope changes.
ACT Operations Research can support Customers to deal with the complexity of the modern control systems. It is frequently required to analyze and design new systems as well as to integrate new parts in existing systems evaluating different technological and communication options as well as suitable network structures.
An accurate design of control system architecture can also contribute to reduce the FAT testing duration as well as commissioning and startup duration.
ACT Operations Research has several years of experience in different industrial processes and can produce all the design documentation related to automation, control and protection of the plant:
- Automation and Control Descriptions
- Functional analysis
- I/O list and system database
- Logic diagrams (ACT-OR developed and own tool that generate the diagrams as MS Excel® output)
- Cause/Effect diagrams
- Sequences schemes, flow-charts, graphcet
- Alarms lists
- All the automation engineering is developed in full accordance with Customer’s requirements and project specifications, normatives and standards.
In all the industrial sectors where ACT-Operations Research is involved, we developed application knowledge for risk analysis and plant functional safety, supporting Customers in:
- Attendance to HAZOP/SIL sessions
- Interface with instrumentation Vendors
- Development of SIL calculation reports (ACT-OR developed an own tool that generate the calculation verification sheets in MS Excel® output, ensuring flexibility and compliance to the requirements of IEC61508/61511).
ACT Operations Research have to its credit significant experiences in management of large sized projects, in international environment, too. More than 18 projects held by ACT-OR experts to support Customers and cooperate with them as Automation Discipline Leaders and also as Project Engineers.
Time-keeping of the project schedule and the prompt identification of possible execution criticalities has a great value for our Customers.
Across the years ACT Operations Research has developed a significant experience in systems such as Operator Training Simulator (OTS) and Advanced Process Control (APC), which require a multidisciplinary engineering approach and the capability to maintain a constant synchronization with the standard automation systems of the project like DCS, ESD etc. Customers are supported in:
- Development and issue of Technical and Purchase specifications
- Vendor Follow-up
- Analysis and validation of Process Model simulation (OTS and APC as required)
- Validation of the Control Model Strategies (APC)
- Attendance to Process Model validation Tests
- Attendance to Integrated Model tests (Process Model + Automation System).